Posts tagged beautyadvice
I don’t typically get nervous when I show up to photo shoots, but on the day of the Men’s Health shoot I really didn’t know what to expect! I had done the interview at the Russian Bath House with Nick Marino a few months before and had a blast. But on the day of the shoot when they explained the concept of me in a shower with a towel I was a bit concerned that I had picked the wrong date activity! I was instantly relieved when I saw what make up artist William Murphy had in mind. “Simple, natural and sexy!” After stripping down to my towel I stepped into the steaming hot bathroom of the Ace hotel with my photo crew and I don’t think I’ve ever felt more beautiful. Here’s a peek into the 5 things that William can’t live without in his kit.
1. Clarins Eclat Minute: It instantly adds smoothness, glowiness and warmth when mixed with your moisturizer.
2. YSL Rouge Volupte: Hands down the best lip product when it comes to truth in it’s color. What you see is what you get. It’s moisturizing, stays on the lip all day, feels great to wear and you can tell it’s made with luxury ingredients.
3. Sensuous Skin Enhancer: It’s blend able, opaque, covers beautifully and most importantly it photographs well.
4. Beauty Blender: At first I didn’t believe the hype about this little pink sponge ($20). But the shape is amazing. It’s better than anything on the market for blending colors on the skin.
5. Elite Eye Lashes in short: Sometimes you want length in the lashes, but you always want density. I add longer lashes to the outside and place the short lashes very dense in the middle of the lid.
Va va voom! This man knows how to create sexy. Check out his web site for more beauty and make up ideas
Recently I began to notice that my skin was changing. Due to all the travel I do and constantly being on an airplane I noticed that my skin had become dehydrated, red in spots and sensitive in others. I’m always on the hunt for the newest products, but I felt that I had tried almost everything out there and was getting no where hopping from product line to product line.
Luckily I work with some of the best make up artists in the business and I recently found out about spiritbeautylounge.com on one of my jobs.
Spirit Demerson used to be a model herself and when her dream of opening an organic beauty spa seemed financially out of reach she turned to the internet and opened Spirit Beauty Lounge, a one stop shop for the best organic products from a variety of organic skin care lines.
Spirit chooses the products she features in her beauty lounge using a scoring system called the “3 P’s”
1. Performance. A product should do what it promises and do it well.
2. Potency/Purity. A product should contain the highest possible percentage of organic or biodynamic active ingredients.
3. Packaging. All of her products must be packaged in materials that are beautiful as well as biodegradable or recyclable.
When I reached out to Spirit’s team last week I immediately got a response and a list of product recommendations tailored to suit my skin. Below are some of Spirit’s personalized recommendations for me which I’ll be following up with in Part 2 of this article.
In the mean time check out Spirit’s web site for any beauty questions or new product recommendations! spiritbeautylounge.com